Monday, October 5, 2015

ITS MALIGNANT///

My daughter, Kara, started rhythmic gymnastics when she was 6.  Late in that year, she did her first competition.  I’ve been thinking a lot about her focus and determination that dayJ  There she sat, a small little girlie in blue, surrounded by a host of strangers.  She needed me next to her, but she didn’t need me to talk to her.  She sat taking it all in.  I’d see her eye’s roaming the room, focusing on the coach in front of the carpet… squaring her shoulders.  I leaned over and said, ‘You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to lovie…’.  Her name was called…  Up she got.  Head up.  Gaze focused.  And, she did her ribbon movements beautifully.  She finished… came back and sat down.  No fuss.  She’d done it.  She was satisfied.  And, we went back home again.

Kari doing her very first gym competition 2008 age almost 7
Hebrews 12:1b  ….let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

I’m so thankful to the Lord for Kari’s example to me as I approach this 2nd course of cancer treatment.  The road is marked out before me.  I need to choose to travel it.  I could choose to give up before I start.  I could choose to shout and scream at its unfairness.  But, the Lord has so gently reminded me to be obedient this past week.  He has reminded me of His great love for me.  He has reminded me of the sufferings of many around me and those that have gone before.  He has reminded me that He is in control.  He has reminded me that I can trust Him. 

Like Kari, I need to focus on the path ahead of me.  Gather my strength (which He also promises to give).  Give thanx for the huge support network He has around me (how priveledged I am as soooooo many do not have that).  I need to straighten my shoulders… lift my head without shame or uncertainty (because He loves me)… and walk the path laid out before me as best I can… with His strength and holding His banner high. 

The path will end, as Kari’s music did that day.  I will grow in ways I cannot know now.  I will experience Jesus in ways I cannot now anticipate.  I will meet people along the way… who will help me and who I will be priveledged to help.  Pray with me, that when I reach fork in the road of this particular part of the journey…  that I will experience the warmth of His smile of pride … that I did my best… that I allowed Him to show Himself real and true.  May my life bring Him glory. 

Cancer does not define who I am.  But, it is one of the things that determines a path on my road of life.  Cancer is not the whole journey.  It is part of it.  My journey is in the hands of my Savior.  Tho hard, I can rest in His hands, as I travel. 

Thank you fo much for your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment